Call for DIAKONIA 3
ERASMUS+ – European Voluntary Service
|Project dates:||September 1st, 2018 till July 31st, 2019 (11 months)|
|Project place:||city of Thiva|
Who we are
Our institution “Diakonia Agapis” offers treatment, affection and care to people of both sexes with priority those suffering with chronicle illness. It is managed by a Council belonging to the Holy Diocese of Thiva & Levadia. It operates since 1996 in the town center of Thiva.
The working facilities are inside the 4-floor building with comfortable sitting and refreshing room on the groundfloor. There is a dinning room on the first floor and 30 rooms divided between the 3 floors. The Institution operates in 3 shifts a day.
Volunteers accommodation is organized in a 3 bedroom rented apartment (1 person per room), with fully equipped kitchen, bathroom and common sitting room located in Thiva city, 2 minutes from the Institution.
Food is provided at the Institution facilities cooked by professional cooks everyday and a food allowance is given for breakfast and weekend food upon receipt.
There is no practical need for transportation from the apartment to the town center where the Institution is located.
The proposed voluntary services in the Institution include:
a) Caring the people hosted in the Institution according to the daily program with personal care such as acial cleaning and beauty, serving water and food, walking them around the Institution and communication.
b) Creative activities through individual and group activities such as handicrafts, physical education, music, dance, free time entertainment and walking companion to the city.
c) Planning, organizing and implementing activities for public awareness on the EVS program. Updating the webpage and social media with daily activities and news of the institution, design of a leaflet and organize an information/dissemination event.
Finally, volunteers will learn how to apply practical techniques for all mentioned works and will acquire knowledge and skills in social services.
Daily activities Schedule:
|Monday – Friday|
|09:00||Arrival at the Infirmary.|
|09:00 – 09:45||– Provide help on lifting and transferring elder to sitting room.
– Serving water.
|09:45 – 10:30|| – Provide help in the distribution of the snack and feeding assistance in sitting room.
– Provide help in the distribution of the snack in rooms
|10:30 – 11:20||– Preparation of the creative activity with materials and procedures.
– Provide help on transferring elder to activity room.
– Creative activity implementation.
– Return elder back to their rooms after the activity.
|11:20 – 11:40||– Break.|
|11:40 – 12:00||– Provide help on transferring elder to dinning room.|
|12:00 – 14:00||– Feeding assistance in dinning room and rooms.
– Provide help on transferring elder back to rooms and put them to bed.
– Serve water and assist elder to sleeping position.
|14:00 – 14:30||– Preparation of the creative activity with materials and procedures.
– Collect all weekly activities and document them for creating an archive of implemented activities for public use and statistical use.
– Update the webpage.
– Planning and design the public dissemination events.
|14:30 – 15:00||– Volunteers’ lunch|
|15:00||– Volunteers’ departure for home.|
So we are looking for volunteers that are:
- 18-30 years old;
- willing to follow the daily program
- capable to create activities with simple materials by using their hands;
- skilled to provide physical education activities;
- open minded, in basics self-independent, responsible and with a strong motivation for international youth work and intercultural communication with elderly persons;
- capable to help in preparing international youth exchanges and activities;
- motivated to learn basic Greek phrases in a short time;
- playing an musical instrument which will be mostly appreciated;
- able to communicate in english.
Volunteers will learn how to apply practical techniques for all mentioned works and will acquire and share knowledge and skills in social services. Their daily tasks and dexterities will be recorded in the Youthpass at the end of their service.
This project seeks funding by the EU Erasmus+ Programme, European Voluntary Service and according to the rules accommodation and food will be provided by the organizers along with the automated distant locator cost for one return ticket to the venue.
|Co-ordinating & Hosting Organization:||“Diakonia Agapis” Institution of Chronicle Illnesses
Pelopidou 26, Thiva 32200, GREECE
tel: +30 22620 26288 – fax +30 22620 80414
|EVS Accredited Organization code:||2014-1-EL02-KA110-001893|
|Contact person:||Mr. Xenofon Strimpis|